Curls and frizz are a lot of work. Not only is curly hair super hard to maintain, but it also tends to look really bad when not cared for the right way. And with our busy schedules, it’s next to impossible to make enough time for hair care. That’s where hair straightening creams come in. If you haven’t already considered using straightening creams, here’s why you should:
Why Should You Consider Hair Straightening Creams?
If you’re someone who straightens hair often and/or for special occasions, using straightening cream might be just the thing for you because of the following benefits:
- Straightening creams alter your hair’s structure to make it smooth and straight. This helps minimize the amount of time it takes for you to get your hair to look presentable.
- It also helps add shine to your hair by smoothing the cuticle.
- Although straightening creams contain chemicals, they’re a better alternative to constantly using heat to straighten your hair.
Following is a list of 18 hair straightening creams that can help make your hair look on point 100% of the time.
Best Hair Straightening Creams – Top 18
1. Streax Pro Hair Straightener Cream Intense
This product actually boasts of giving you silkier, smoother and straighter locks in the first use itself. It comes with silicone solvents that help you achieve straight hair and leave your hair feeling much more manageable. The cream is water-resistant and so holds the straight look for longer than most other hair straightening creams.
2. Wellastrate Intense Straightening Cream
This product has a new cationic formula which ensures a much stronger structural base. It comes with a hydro-safe complex which helps your hair retain moisture for a long time. It also prevents your hair from drying out. It has been specially dermatologically tested to check its compatibility with skin.
3. Cynos Hair Straightening Cream
The product’s unique feature is its penetrative abilities that allows it to alter hair structure from within the hair shaft. This allow it to straighten, shape and strengthen hair. It seeps deep into your hair changes the structure from within.
4. Marc Anthony True Professional Simply Straight Intense Straightening Cream
This product is perfected with the use of silicone and silk fiber. It is alcohol- free and was formulated under the supervision of the renowned hair stylist, Marc Anthony. It comes with a unique formula that helps repel sweat and prevents damage from heat.
5. L’Oreal Paris Studio Line Silk & Gloss Hot Straight Cream
This product comes with special silk micro fibers that help keep your hair straight for almost 48 hours. It also has a special thermo protect feature which not only gives you silky, smooth and shiny hair, but it also protects your hair from damage.
6. Glatt Schwarzkopf Hair Straightener Cream
Glatt’s hair straightening cream has a keratin-rich formula that protects your hair from damage. It comes with a neutralizer. The product claims to give you pin-straight hair if used in accordance with the instructions given.
7. Toni & Guy Straight & Shine Smoothing Balm
This product is ideal for those who want to straighten their hair temporarily. You can use this straightening balm on your hair as an alternative to your straightening iron. It is really good for controlling frizz and is considerably less damaging.
8. Redken Sheer Straight 06
This product comes with the goodness of a heat-protective balm and gel that give your hair a silky-smooth shine. It helps tame your curls and frizz. It also contains proteins that help improve the strength of your hair. It doesn’t leave your hair lifeless like most other straightening creams.
9. Matrix Opti Straight Cream
This product incorporates an anti-breakage system. It doesn’t just straighten your hair permanently, but also deeply conditions it. It has a beautiful floral fragrance which makes it stand out among other products which tend to give off a strong ammonia smell.
10. Kiehl’s Heat-Protective Silk-Straightening Cream
This straightening cream is ideal for wavy, frizzy and unmanageable hair. It can help you smooth out your hair or achieve poker straight hair as well. It doesn’t weigh your hair down and makes it feel weightless and light after using. It comes with extracts of soy beans, sesame and sunflower seeds. You can achieve silk-straight and smooth hair.
11. Bellapreto Natural Permanent Hair Straightener Cream
This one is for the extra-cautious ones. The cream helps you straighten your hair permanently. It is a 100% natural product with no chemicals used. It nourishes your hair and is suitable for almost all hair types. Once you use this, you would love your stunningly straight hair.
12. Tigi Bed Head Straighten Out Straightening Cream
This one again is for those who are not looking at straightening their hair permanently. It gives you absolute straight and smooth hair for 48 long hours. The best part is it doesn’t wear out even in as much as 98% high humidity. It helps enhance the texture of your hair and makes it more manageable.
13. Keratin Complex Infusion
This super-easy-to-use cream is non-sticky and non-greasy as well. It is really good for achieving straight hair without having to use flat iron to straighten out your otherwise frizzy, curly hair. It comes with keratin protein which helps protect your hair while straightening them temporarily.
14. Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream
This cream can help you straighten your hair for the day. It comes with silk protein and the very important vitamin E that help maintain the strength and health of hair while keeping your frizzy hair at bay every day. It is also an excellent shine creator and leaves your hair looking and feeling silk smooth.
15. Sunsilk Straighten-Up 24/7 Creme
This is appropriate for those who are looking at a smoother hair texture and not poker straight hair. It is a great product as it takes away all frizzes while adding a smooth and straight look to your hair. It works wonderfully on dry hair as well. Another great talking point, it doesn’t make your hair feel greasy after the use. In fact, it makes your hair light-weight.
16. L’Oreal X-tenso Straightener Cream
This kit comes from L’Oreal X-Tenso range contains a smoothing cream and a neutralizer. As it comes with an instruction booklet, you can use it without any external help. It gives you poker straight hair and makes your hair manageable and smooth by controlling frizz. It gives you a professional look and your hair stays poker straight for 5 months.
17. Wella Wellastrate Cream Neutralizer with Built-in Conditioner
This cream contains jojoba oil which protects hair from damage. It’s available in three variants – mild, normal and strong; if your hair is less curly then go for mild. Go for the stronger variant if your hair is curly. The package comes with a straightening cream and a neutralizer which are easy to use. It gives you pin straight hair for 2 months and controls frizz in an effective manner.
[ Read: Ghd Straightener ]
18. Matrix Natural-Soft Straight Service
Hair straightening process leads to hair breakage; keeping this point in mind Matrix launched ‘Matrix Natural-Soft Straight Service’ which contains anti-breakage ingredients. Tempting no? Besides giving you poker straight hair, it also makes them soft, smooth and shiny. This is the best permanent hair straightening cream that you can find.
So these were the top 15 hair straightening creams that you can try.
How to Take Care of Straightened Hair at Home?
We agree that straight hair is the need of the hour these days, but again don’t forget, what isn’t natural, is fragile. Straight after you have had a straightening session, your hairdresser advises you on how to take care of your newly straightened hair. These instructions are meant to be followed for immediate care and maintenance.
If you have opted for straightened hair, whether it is by straightening your hair permanently or by using a temporary straightening crème, you must take really good aftercare. Here are few things that you must keep in mind after straightening your hair. These things should be kept in mind for long-term care of your hair.
1. Straightening your hair makes it brittle. So realize the importance of deep conditioning. Oil your hair regularly. This will help strengthen your hair and nourish it from deep within.
2. Always wash your hair thoroughly and use a conditioner as well. This will help you maintain a healthy and clean scalp and keep other hair problems at bay.
3. Don’t go in for straightening too often, because it does damage your hair.
4. You could also use a leave-in conditioner to take care of your hair.
5. Always use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair.
6. Don’t use a harsh chemical-based shampoo and other hair products.
7. Go in for hair spa at least once every month.
8. Your hair has already gone through the heat treatment for straightening, so avoid using hair dryers as much as you can. Avoid any heating hair products for your hair.
9. Remember, hair products for straightened hair are manufactured for a reason. Use only products for straightened hair. They would suffice your need and help you take care.
10. If you are planning to take another hair treatment like coloring, make sure you consult your personal hairdresser. This will help you find out whether you should go in for it at the moment or wait.
Hair straightening sure does change the way a person looks and changes his/her personality drastically. You can maintain your straight hair for a longer time if you manage it well. You need to maintain your hair as much as you can. If you fail to do so, you will not only end up losing your straight hair soon, you might invite other hair problems as well. Treat your hair with utmost care.
The quality of chemicals used in straightening hair has improved a lot over a period of time. But still it does need special care. So with these simple tips and precautions, you can maintain your straightened hair. It would help you protect your hair in the long run. It will also help alter the ill effects of chemicals on your hair, give it a longer life and help retain its natural structure and quality.